Pages

Monday 17 December 2018

In the Beginning | Activity 1 | SLJ

1. The Maori name of New Zealand is Aotearoa which means the land of the long white cloud.

4. New Zealanders are also called kiwis but kiwi is not a fruit. It is New Zealand’s native flightless bird.

10. The largest city in New Zealand is Auckland although its capital city is Wellington.



LI: To learn history of New Zealand

Today LS1 has began to start the 2018 - 2019 Summer learning Journey Activities. Our first job was to click one of the Activities that came up, I had to learn about History about New Zeland. First i read a story about Maui catching the fish, But it wasn't just a fish it was the fish of the  North Island of New Zealand. There was site that had fun facts learning about New Zealand. I had to pick 3 interesting facts from the site " New Zealand's History facts" As you can see above my Blurb i have put 3 facts that i thought that was interesting and facts that other might not have known. Click the link to learn fun facts about New Zealand. 

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Kaitlyn,

    Welcome to the Summer Learning Journey! I am the Manaiakalani leader for the Summer Learning Journey and I will be reading all of your blog posts and commenting on them this summer.

    Thank you for telling me these wonderful facts about New Zealand. I have lived here for my whole life and I am so proud to be a kiwi.

    Keep up the awesome work! I will talk to you again in your next post.

    Cheers,

    Sophie

    ReplyDelete