Pages

Tuesday 8 January 2019

DAY 4: Like a Scene Out of a Movie

For this activity, you are to write a short acrostic word poem about the beautiful lights.

L - Lights shine beautiful colours on Christmas night

I - Ice cream on a hot day, on Christmas day

G - Green grass playing outside on Christmas

H - Happy new years with colourful lights

T - Time to celebrate with a sprinkle of lights actions

S - Spend time with family friends enjoying the beautiful lights

I have written a poem, using the word Lights. I had to be as creative as i can and my poem was based on Christmas but using the words lights. I really enjoy doing these kind of activities, because i like writing poem in my own time, poems don't have to rime but its fun to read. Christmas is one of my best times of the year. Expecially Happy new years!.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kaitlyn

    I really enjoyed reading your acrostic poem using the word 'lights'. I also really like how you repeated the word light at the end of each line. repetition is a great poetic writing technique. Using it hear makes your writing stand out.

    What kind of Christmas lights do you like? Multi-coloured ones or plain white/yellow lights?

    Ngā mihi,
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kaitlyn!
    Its great to see that you are catching up with the SLJ activities. I love your acrostic poem about lights. It is great to see that you can get creative when learning.. Have you made an acrostic poem before? I have also done this activity.
    Keep the great work up! - Florence

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kaitlyn!,
    Its great that you've completed most of the activities so far. I really like your acrostic poem. I especially like the last sentence. Its good that you said when it was in the poem. Would you like to make more acrostic poems?
    Amazing Work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greetings Katilyn,
    Your doing a great job in the summer learning journey. Next time you could make your sentences bigger for the people that reads your blog post. I like the words you used for lights.

    Keep it up Katilyn!
    By Chavda

    ReplyDelete